Pallet Protection – Keeping Your Goods Protected During Transit
Warehouses and heavy-goods transit vehicles can be dangerous places for pallet loads, so at Marpak we are committed to providing premium packaging solutions to protect your valuable goods from being damaged or tampered with during the journey to their destination.
So how do you go about protecting your pallets effectively?
Loading Your Pallets
Before you add your protection wrap to your goods, you need to load up your pallets properly. Firstly, it is important to ensure that the pallet itself is not already damaged. Then, when loading up the items, these should not exceed the dimensions of the pallet itself. Keeping the goods within or in line with the edges of the wooden pallet ensures that you can proceed to wrap the load to stabilise and secure it in transit. Overhanging boxes are always likely to get knocked in storage and in transit, so letting the edges of the pallet take the hits will keep your goods safe.
Why Protect Palleted Goods With Film?
- For keeping your goods out of harms way.
- Reduces the chance of pallet itself getting damaged.
- Loose and/or damaged pallets or goods are dangerous for workers.
- Increased moisture/weather resistance
How To Protect Pallets?
Marpak offer a range of methods to effectively protect your palletised goods…
- Shrink Covers: Shrink plastic can be used to wrap individual items, but is also used to wrap multiple things together. To make this kind of wrap fit around the goods, you can apply heat. This will shrink it and keep everything tightly in place.
- Non-Shrink Wraps: These are useful because of their stretching properties. This kind of pallet protection is perhaps the easiest to implement, as stretch film doesn’t necessarily need any machinery to apply it.
Both of these wrap solutions offer benefits to the transit of goods in bulk, and add stability to any large pallet load. Our range of pallet wraps provide the safety and security to businesses who need to be confident that their goods will arrive in perfect condition, maintaining an efficient and cost-effective supply chain. All of our pallet covers, wraps and films are available as Gusseted or centrefold and can also be supplied as perforated on the roll or as singles. This flexibility is perfect for businesses who distribute a variety of different types of items, as we know not all pallet loads are the same!
Read all about our pallet covers on our products page.